- The 15.2 software deployment dates for each regional headend (there's 50+ of them) will be announced later this week by Virgin Media, who will be eager to complete the task well before Xmas.
- The Spotify app is due to be released within the next month, following Virgin's announcement of their Spotify plans for TV, Broadband and Mobile customers.
- Sky CEO Jeremy Darroch, referring to competition from Virgin's TiVo, believes that "It’s always a trap to assume that customers think through the extreme of some technical gizmo, they think across the whole experience, simplicity, ease of use, and the importance of the user interface, which remains fundamental. Not to say that some gadget magazine might give you an easy quote."
- Speaking of Sky, they've come up with a PVR comparsion chart which, among other features, highlights the lack of reminders and red button services on TiVo. I'm sure it won't be long until Sky have to update the red button section, along with the 'remote record from tablet' section.
- Speaking of red button - its available (and has been for a while now) on ITV, pressing the magic button on that channel just takes you to ITV Net Player content. Baby Steps, people.
- In my review, I mentioned that that "the assignment of EPG categories to channels needs some work. For
instance, the HD category reveals the Sky Sports HD channels, but the
Sports category doesn't. This is the same EPG limitation as on the
legacy V+ HD, I could have sworn it would be fixed for TiVo."
This issue has now been fixed - for instance, selecting the Movies Category will show both the SD and HD versions of the Sky Movies Channels. Likewise for Sky Sports.
TiVo replacement on its way? - Virgin Media's parent company Liberty Global unveiled its next-generation TV entertainment platform, Horizon 4, late last year. The new Horizon 4 suite of p...